Public Health has a number of resource and pocket guides for special populations and services. These guides are intended to offer quick referrals to local resources.
If they do not offer what you need, try our Need Help section.
- Alameda County Resource Guide for Men, Women and Children in English-Spanish (2016)
- Alameda County School Health Centers Directory
- Alameda County Winter Emergency Housing Resources 2016-17
These shelters are open when it is less than 40 degrees or greater than a 50% chance of rain. Please call first to confirm each facility’s open/closed status.
- CoveredCalifornia Certified Enrollment Entities
Local listing of CoveredCalifornia Certified Enrollment Entities that reach out to the HIV/AIDS community.
- Domestic Violence Resource Guide
Transitional housing, shelters, crisis and legal services.
- EARN: Children's Education Accounts in English | Spanish | Chinese
Through EARN's Children's Education Accounts, parents can receive $3 for every $1 they save - up to a $1500 match for $500 saved - that can be used for a variety of educational activities.
- East Bay Municipal Utility District
EBMUD water district has a customer assistance program that helps pay a portion of the water bill for qualified low-income residential customers and eligible homeless shelters. For details or to apply visit their website; call 1-866-403-2683; or email email@example.com.
- Emergency Preparedness Pocket Guide
Helpful tips on how to plan for and respond to natural and man-made disasters.
- Farmer’s Markets Guide in English | Spanish
- Food to Families Resource Guides for Ashland-Cherryland in English | Spanish
Food to Families Resource Guides for for West Oakland
These resource guides, created in partnership with West Oakland Health Council, Mandela MarketPlace, Tiburcio-Vasquez Health Center, and Dig Deep Farms and Produce, give information on local food access points, such as farmers' markets, corner stores, and grocery stores that sell fresh produce in West Oakland and Ashland-Cherryland.
- HIV/AIDS Positive Resource Pocket Guide
The Pocket Guide is a condensed one page quick reference guide for consumers that lists useful HIV/AIDS services throughout Alameda County. Copies of the 2014 Pocket Guide are available for pick-up at the OAA office – 1000 Broadway Suite 310, Oakland
- Medi-Cal Providers: Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program, Presumptive Eligibility
These offices accept Medi-Cal and can provide temporary Medi-Cal under the state’s Presumptive Eligibility Program. Services include pregnancy care, nutritional advice, health education, and referrals to community resources.
- Men's Resource Guide
- Mental Health Community Agencies
Alameda Council of Community Mental Health Agencies is an association of 32 nonprofits that contract with Alameda County Behavioral Health Care to provide mental health and co-occurring disorder services for the county's eligible children, transition age youth, adults, older adults, and their families.
- Mold Resource List
Resources for reporting mold, including contact numbers for city building code enforcement units; tenant rights organizations that advise renters who may experience difficulties getting landlords to address mold conditions; and referral for asthma sufferers.
- Oakland Fresh School Produce Markets
- Perinatal Providers
County and community clinics that serve women before, during and after pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Tests: Free or low cost
- Pregnant Teens Resource Guide
- Purple Ribbon
Medi-CAL and CalFRESH application assistance for victims of domestic and family violoence, sexual assault.
- SparkPoint Center
Resources designed to help low-income persons with credit counseling, job training, career development, higher education, home ownership, tax preparation and more.
- Substance Abuse Resource Guide
- Tobacco Cessation Resource List
- Transgender Resource Guide – State of California and National
This directory is designed to assist persons and organizations in locating resources specific to the transgender community. Social service programs, health care services, activism and advocacy, and open and affirming faith communities are among the sections covered.
- Youth Referral Pamphlet
- Youth Service Matrix 2015 for Alameda County
- WIC... is for Pregnant Women, Parents & Foster Parents in English-Spanish