Substances that might harm your unborn baby

Contact MotherToBaby which provides free, confidential information in English and Spanish over the telephone at 1-866-626-6847, by text at 1-855-999-3525, or by e-mail.

They can provide answers to your questions about pregnancy and exposure to possibly harmful substances such as:

  • medicine
  • drugs
  • alcohol
  • chemicals
  • infectious diseases
  • or any other exposures.

Alcohol and Substance Use (California WIC Association)

Give Your Baby a Healthy Start: Tips for Pregnant Women and New Mothers (USDA)

Substance Abuse Treatment Programs

ACCESS Program (Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services)
Information, screening and referral for mental health, alcohol and drug abuse services and treatment for county residents. Includes the Perinatal Substance Use Disorder Treatment Referral Guide for resources for pregnant women and their families.

How to Quit Smoking

  • California Smokers’ Helpline
  • 1-800-662-8887 (1-800-NO-BUTTS)
    This program that can help you and/or family members quit smoking in mulitple languages. There are also specialized services for teens and pregnant women:

How to Quit Alcohol

How to Quit Other Drug Use



Terms of Use  |  Privacy