Public Health has a number of resource and pocket guides for special populations and services. These guides are intended to offer quick referrals to local resources.
If they do not offer what you need, try our Need Help section.
- Alameda County Resource Guide for Men, Women and Children: English-Spanish (Feb 2013) | Asian Languages (Aug 2011)
- Alameda County School Health Centers Directory 2011-2012
- Domestic Violence Resource Guide
- EARN: Children's Education Accounts
Through EARN's Children's Education Accounts, parents can receive $3 for every $1 they save - up to a $1500 match for $500 saved - that can be used for a variety of educational activities. English | Spanish | Chinese
- Farmer’s Markets Guide: English | Spanish
- Flu – Pandemic Pocket Guide
- Food to Families Resource Guides
These resource guides, created in partnership with West Oakland Health Council, Mandela MarketPlace, Tiburcio-Vasquez Health Center, and Dig Deep Farms and Produce, give information on local food access points, such as farmers' markets, corner stores, and grocery stores that sell fresh produce in West Oakland and Ashland-Cherryland.
Ashland-Cherryland English | Spanish
- HIV/AIDS Positive Resource Pocket Guide
- Medi-Cal Providers: Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program
These offices accept Medi-Cal and can provide temporary Medi-Cal under the state’s Presumptive Eligibility Program. Services include pregnancy care, nutritional advice, health education, and referrals to community resources.
- Men's Resource Guide
- Mental Health Services in Alameda County for Women and Families
List of services for women and families, low cost or sliding scale fees
- Mold Resource List
Resources for reporting mold, including contact numbers for city building code enforcement units; tenant rights organizations that advise renters who may experience difficulties getting landlords to address mold conditions; and referral for asthma sufferers.
- Oakland Fresh School Produce Markets
- Perinatal Providers
County and community clinics that serve women before, during and after pregnancy.
- Pregnancy tests: Free or low cost
- Pregnant Teens Resource Guide
- SparkPoint Center
Resources designed to help low-income persons with credit counseling, job training, career development, higher education, home ownership, tax preparation and more.
- Substance Abuse Resource Guide
- Tobacco Cessation Resource List
- Transgender Resource Guide – State of California and National
This directory is designed to assist persons and organizations in locating resources specific to the transgender community. Social service programs, health care services, activism and advocacy, and open and affirming faith communities are among the sections covered.
- Youth Referral Pamphlet
- Youth Service Matrix 2012 for Alameda County
- WIC... is for Pregnant Women, Parents & Foster Parents English-Spanish