Healthy Smiles Children's Dental Program
The Healthy Smiles Children’s Dental Program is a dental treatment and insurance enrollment program for Alameda County children under age 19 with dental needs and no dental insurance. A child can be referred to the program by a Child Health & Disability Prevention (CHDP) medical provider, or through a school screening done by the Office of Dental Health.
This program focuses on:
- Eliminating dental pain
- Contributing to school-readiness of uninsured Alameda County children by meeting their dental treatment needs.
- Enrolling families of eligible children into medical and dental insurance, including government-sponsored insurance programs such as MediCal and Healthy Families.
Useful Information and Services:
Healthy Smiles offers:
- Dental referral and treatment with a Healthy Smiles dentist
- Free emergency and dental treatment for qualifying children
- Face-to-face, multi-lingual assistance for families enrolling in health insurance
Need a dentist?
Call our Public Health Clearinghouse:
Phone: 888-604-INFO or 888-604-4636
Public Health Clearinghouse