Spine Injury Resources
Special thank you to Santa Cruz and San Benito County EMS, specifically Scott Vahradian, PA-C, EMT-P and Brad Cramer, EMT-P for their work on these documents.
- Alameda County- SMR protocol
- Article EMS World-Sporer; Why we need to rethink C-spine immobilization
- Article JEMS-Morrissey; Research Suggests Time for a Change
- JEMS 03-2013 Editor Page
- References for spinal injury assessment and treatment
- San Benito core principles- Spin
- Santa Cruz- lesson plan immobilization
- Santa Cruz- new thinking about spine injures
- Santa Cruz- spinal injury scenarios
- Santa Cruz - spinal policy #4070
- San Joaquin Cervical Spine Immobilization Policy
- NAEMSP official position on EMS spinal precautions and the use of the long backboard.