The mission of the Alameda County Public Health Department is to work in partnership with the community to ensure the optimal health and well being of all people through a dynamic and responsive process respecting the diversity of the community and challenging us to provide for present and future generations.
- Assessment: The regular collection, analysis and sharing of information about health conditions, risks and resources in a community
- Policy Development: The development of local and state health policies using information gathered from assessment activities. Policy development incorporates information sharing, citizen participation, and involvement in policy and decision making.
- Assurance: Focuses on maintaining the capacity of public health to respond to critical situations such as disease outbreaks and environmental hazards, as well as the delivery of health care to persons who otherwise would not have any.
10 Essential Services
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems
- Diagnose & investigate health problems and hazards
- Inform, educate and empower residents about health issues
- Mobilize community partnerships
- Develop policies that support individual and community health
- Assure a competent public health workforce
- Enforce health and safety laws
- Assure provision of health care when otherwise not available
- Evaluate the effectiveness, accessibility, quality of personal and population-based services
- Research innovative solutions to health problems